NOW HIRING - Heavy Civil Estimator/ Project Manager
The successful candidate will have experience estimating and managing projects in the Heavy Civil construction (water and sewer, siteworks, earthwork, and road building projects) industry on public and private work, mid to large scale projects.
- Perform the overall estimating process including review of project plans and specifications, takeoff, analysis of self-performed work, materials and subcontractor solicitation, and bid closeout.
- Understand capabilities of the Company to assist in bid selection and market analysis.
- Maintain understanding of current crew and equipment productions and capabilities, construction means and methods, as well as industry safety practices.
- Identify project risks and opportunities.
- Create pre-bid critical path schedule to ensure Company can complete project within the contract time allowed.
- Prepare estimates at different levels of completion and project delivery methods – conceptual/budgetary, hard bid/unit price/lump sum, negotiated, CMAR, and DB.
- Perform post bid functions including assisting with creation of project budgets, purchase orders, and subcontracts.
- Manage awarded projects with change order analysis, value engineering proposals, monitoring budgets, schedules, and forecasting.
- Project start up functions: scheduling; safety requirements; start up meetings; compile, review, and submit all necessary project submittals.
- Take action and provide support for day-to-day project operations, delays in the work, complaints, construction issues, and/or changes to the work.
- Compile, review, and submit all necessary contract close out documents.
- Maintain strong relationship with industry including public agencies, private clients, engineering firms, material suppliers, and subcontractors.
- Mentor and develop estimators, engineers, and superintendents.
- Perform other related duties, as required and assigned.
- P.Eng. designation or eligible to register as a Professional Engineer with APEGNB.
- Minimum 5 years of related work experience.
- Minimum 5 years in the field managing projects.
- Understanding of various Standard Specifications, ie: Municipal, Provincial, Federal, APEGNB.
- Proficient computer skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, and SharePoint.
- Experience with estimating software (B2W), Magnet, Bluebeam, AutoCAD, and scheduling software (Microsoft Projects) is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills (listening, verbal, and written).
- Enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment.
- Organizational ability – able to plan, prioritize, organize, and monitor activities for multiple projects; proficient in time management.
- Attention to detail.
- Self motivated, goal oriented individual; able to work independently.
- Ability and desire to work in a fast paced environment.
- Gold Seal Certification an asset.
We wish to thank those who apply for this position, but only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
- RRSP matching
- Employee Health and Dental Benefits
- Company vehicle