The Monteith family began working together in the construction industry in the late 1970's. As the company grew from residential construction to include larger commercial projects, father and sons incorporated to form Monteith Underground Services Ltd. in March 1989.
Over the last thirty years the company has evolved to be an industry leader focusing on civil construction projects – municipal infrastructure upgrades, industrial/commercial building site work, road construction, arch culvert installation, waste water treatment plants, site preparation and services, and parking lots – as well as environmental spill clean-up, and on-site sewage disposal systems.
In 2022, the Monteith brothers retired, and Monteith Underground is now a part of the Municipal Group of Companies.
The Monteith Underground construction management team includes:
- Kent Duggan, Manager and Project Manager (since June 2022)
- Cedric Storey, Site Foreman (since May 2004)
- Cedric manages all types of construction projects.
- Rob Tait, Site Foreman (since April 2006)
- Rob manages all types of construction projects.
- Andrew Hughes, Shop Foreman (since April 2007)
- Mark Michaud, Site Foreman (since June 2009)
- Mark started with the company in June 2009 as a General Labourer and Bank Man on one of our pipe crews. In 2018 Mark took on the position of Site Foreman and has managed a variety of site work and culvert projects.
Each team member has between fifteen and thirty years working experience and are proficient in various aspects of the construction industry. The team is committed to working closely with the consultants, architects, owners, and sub trades to ensure project schedule and quality workmanship are achieved.
The company strives to serve the best interest of each client by implementing a forward thinking approach to each project. We not only complete the task at hand, but offer suggestions to complete the project in the most efficient and cost effective manner possible. We believe our projects have been successful as a result of our understanding of the construction process and strong relationships with consultants, sub trades and suppliers as well as the committment and dedication of our employees. People are the core of our company and, from our roots, we are a family company.