The Monteith family began working together in the construction industry in the late 1970's. As the company grew from residential construction to include larger commercial projects, father and sons incorporated to form Monteith Underground Services Ltd. in March 1989. Today, brothers John and Don Monteith are active partners involved in the daily operation of the company.
The company has evolved in the construction industry from earthmoving and residential excavating to include on-site sewage systems, demolition, clearing and grubbing, site preparation, road building, municipal services installation, environmental spill response, and general contracting services.
The Monteith Underground construction management team includes:
- John Monteith, President, Estimator, Project Manager
- Don Monteith, Vice President/Secretary and Site Foreman
- Cedric Storey, Site Foreman (since May 2004)
- Cedric manages all types of construction projects.
- Rob Tait, Site Foreman (since April 2006)
- Rob manages all types of construction projects.
- Andrew Hughes, Shop Foreman (since April 2007)
- Corey Peterson, P.Eng., Estimator and Project Manager (since April 2015)
- Corey has over twenty years experience managing all types and sizes of construction projects. He is responsible for project costing and tendering, project management and construction supervision. Corey holds a Gold Seal Certificate with the Canadian Construction Association as a Project Manager - Roadbuilding and Heavy Construction.
- Jason McCoy, P.Tech., Site Foreman (since May 2016)
- Jason manages all types of construction projects.
- Mark Michaud, Site Foreman (since April 2018)
- Mark started with the company in June 2009 as a General Labourer and Bank Man on one of our pipe crews. In 2018 Mark took on the position of Site Foreman and has managed a variety of site work and culvert projects.
- Jacob Wood, Surveyor (since March 2020)
Each team member has between fifteen and thirty years working experience and are proficient in various aspects of the construction industry. The team is committed to working closely with the consultants, architects, owners, and sub trades to ensure project schedule and quality workmanship are achieved.
The company strives to serve the best interest of each client by implementing a forward thinking approach to each project. We not only complete the task at hand, but offer suggestions to complete the project in the most efficient and cost effective manner possible. We believe our projects have been successful as a result of our understanding of the construction process and strong relationships with consultants, sub trades and suppliers.
Monteith Underground Services Ltd. proudly supports local service groups, sporting teams, Safe Grad, and various charitable organizations.